Thursday, December 22, 2016

Enveloping the black.

Enveloping the black. 

How does one have such masochistic thoughts,
But yet go on day by day happily?
Some days I feel too numb and get lost
in this light that consumes me entirely.
That light it's turning with my darkness,
Darkness that deserves death and despair,
But like a pharaoh fights for his carcass
Must go on needlessly numbing this nightmare.

My footsteps fall in the rain that secures me
for it is but a disguise for the pain,
That envelops all around but I am in safety. 
As tears frequently fall I must abstain,
For if I selfishly but desperately give in, it wins.
But when this wind doesn't blow 
Forgiveness for my future begins,
Or do I dwell too far below. 

Somebody please bring me down from this ledge,
Looming over me to let go.
I can't, crawling closer chasing that edge
that's extending and encasing below,
Foreshadowing futuristic funerals I can't see,
I won't see, willing myself to go back
and keep going, this game so generously 
grows dangerous, desperately to black.

For when I wake from this sadistic slumber
I am sick of this forgotten forsaken feeling,
Needless to say I am just another number.
My final hours to spend reminiscing, revealing 
before the black blatantly consumes,
Constricts cutting off my light.
For I cannot breathe no one assumes
being in the light but still savagely black, I fight.


No comments:

Post a Comment